Saturday November 24, 2018, 11:15 am – 1:15 pm
Samatva Yoga Studio (836 Gardiners Road, Kingston)
“Deepening your prenatal yoga experience with your core and floor”
Facilitated by Abigail Hum, PT, and Mandy McLeod, PTA & certified yoga instructor
A 2-hour interactive workshop exploring and deepening your knowledge of the prenatal body and its relationship to exercise. The workshop will also include manual cueing for proper core activation and instruction on modified yoga positions for each trimester. Open to all pregnant women or those hoping to become pregnant.
- Pelvic girdle and core anatomy
- Pregnancy-related diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- The relationship between the pelvic floor + core muscles
- Research-based guidelines for safe physical activity for pre-natal women
- Labour positions + how to release the pelvic floor in preparation for birth.