To minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19, protocols have been put in place at the Live Well Centre. These include:
- Social distancing between patients – there will be more time in between patients to minimize contact with others, and to allow for thorough cleaning of the treatment room.
- Environmental barriers – plexiglass at the front reception area will help to provide protection for administrative staff as well as patients.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) – a mask will be worn by the practitioner at all times during sessions; gloves, gown and faceshield may also be used depending on the patient.
- At Hope Physiotherapy, patients are required to wear a mask during appointments (cloth is fine).
- Active screening for COVID-19 will be performed for every patient at the time of appointment booking as well as on the day of the appointment. Only those who are screened negative can be seen at the clinic, with the exception of individuals who work in high-risk settings (e.g. healthcare).
- Hand sanitization – sanitizer will be located throughout the centre for use before and after sessions.
- Payment options for therapy include e-transfer, credit, cash or cheque.
Telehealth services will continue to be an option for those who prefer this method.
Abigail Hum is a registered physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. She has received advanced training in treating pelvic health conditions and addressing debilitating pelvic health related issues that prevent participation in daily physical and social activities. Her passion lies in working with individuals to restore not only their physical bodies but also their hope in living well.
Hope Physiotherapy Kingston aims to facilitate the rehabilitation process through tailored treatments unique to each individual. Therapy sessions are private and confidential, held within a closed-door treatment room.
To find out more information or to book an appointment for general musculoskeletal or pelvic health conditions, please contact Abigail at:
Live Well Centre – 348 Bagot Street, #101, downtown Kingston
Call to book an appointment today!